There’s a hole in my bucket, dear Liza…

Quick post. There weather’s good so I thought I’d take the chance to put a patch on the Acclaim to get it through it’s MOT in the next week or so. I can’t do it when it needs it as I’m helping CT at the NEC so it may end up off the road for a couple of weeks…

Anyhoo, like I normally do I had a scrape etc to see how bad it was first only to make more holes appear. A talent which would give a teenage boy a wet dream, except these holes always have lots of rust. And sharp edges.

So here are a couple of photos I’ve uploaded whilst eating my lunch. I know what’s caused it – it never had a grommet inside the wheel arch so all kinds of shite got thrown inside for God knows how long.

null

null

null

got a ticket…

From a combination of splitting two oil coolers and getting a company car the Herald has sat around for ages with no use – I’d already pulled out of the 10CR by this point. As time went on the tax and MOT ran out and I simply couldn’t be arsed to do any work to it as I had no need. In the mean time I’ve been borrowing the 1800SE to get to and from college. Anyhoo, long story short a few months back I decided to finally replace the handbrake cable and rear drums I’d been meaning to do for years and then today I took it in for its MOT and it passed first time.

I’ve not got the certificate yet as the system was down so I still don’t fully believe it as the car is a shed! When I finally get print off I can then try and tax it and get it off SORN. At least I can park it in the road legally now…